Thursday, February 16, 2012

Doc Hoc's Blogging Advice

On Tuesday, 2/14, our blogging class had a visitor, Kurt Hochenauer, who gave a lot of insight into what to blog about.

He said that every person should blog about what they want, and make sure they know the subject well.

I think what I liked best was that he blogs about something that is not very popular in Oklahoma, and for that matter, the U.S. right now. More people are leaning right when it comes to politics these days, and the fact that Hochenauer is very very liberal is unusual to see hear in the South.

I like how he has a blog that is controversial, but he realizes he has the right to talk about those things that he feels are problematic or not fair in politics. It's inspiring to see a person take the initiative with a difficult topic and be really knowledgeable about it.

A little side note: I went into class that day thinking that I would be hearing a lot about politics. Yes, I went in with preconceived notions, and was pleasantly surprised. He mentioned a couple of things going on with politics right now, but other than that he never gave his point of view on much, and never forced his opinion on us.

Over all, what I got out of Kurt Hochenauer's discussion was that blogging is something you have to be disciplined in, and it's best to love what you're writing about so that blogging isn't a hassle, but a fun past time, that you want to spend a couple of hours on.

1 comment:

  1. I like that his nick name is Doc Hoc. hahaha love the title!

    ReplyDelete