Saturday, February 18, 2012

Facebook Follies

Ok, is anyone else just about fed up with Facebook?

Don't get me wrong, I check mine everyday, several times a day, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But I mean come on, there are times when I really just want to deactivate it.

First of all, the constant updates. Oh, the updates...

When will they just stick with a layout for longer than a few months?

Second of all, the hackers.

That's right, I got hacked this week. Which isn't that big of a deal, I just had to change my password. But my account was temporarily suspended, and I couldn't get on Facebook on my phone, and I had people trying to contact me for classes through Facebook messenger, and it was just a massive mess that was so unnecessary.

I know that that I am one of very few people who wants to get rid of my Facebook, but I can't help but wonder how much easier my life will become if I deactivated it?

I also know that this is not new. I know I am not the first person to complain about this. But I am a child of the social media generation and I'm just trying to keep up.

Who knows, maybe I'm just all talk and will never ever deactivate my Facebook! I guess we'll see if I get mad enough ever again to just end my relationship with social media for good.

5 comments:

  1. Facebook can be a little much. I have thought about leaving before but I never will. Its the only way I stay connected with old friends.
    I agree the changes can be overwhelming. I still haven't changed to the new timeline. I'm putting it off until they make me do it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Twitter. The only reason I'm still on Facebook is to be able to share pics with family that live out of state, but it is honestly getting a little old... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes facebook can be annoying, but I would not want to go without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have converted to Instagram, and I just have it post to Facebook and Twitter and save myself some time... lol I'm still not diggin timeline!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Facebook does become annoying at times, but I am on it daily.... I just hate that they keep changing it!

    ReplyDelete