Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Man, I'm Awkward.

Yeah, I have issues when it comes to not being uncomfortable.  Or just being normal. But let's just stick with awkward for today, yeah?

Anyway, here's just a short list of some things that I do on a regular basis, that make me think to myself, "I really need to get my act together."

1. Autocorrect. Is the bane of my existence. I have weird texts ranging from "I need to buy dingleberries" to my mom (which I still don't know what I was trying to say) to "I'm so hood" (meant to be "I'm so good").

2. Tripping/Running into things. I have been doing this since I was kid. I always manage to trip over my own two feet or run into a friggin doorway of a house I've lived in since I was 4.

3. Being gullible. Do you ever have those moments when people are looking at you like, "How are you not getting this?" I have those a lot, and always at the most inconvenient times. Like when I'm with a big group of people.

4. Speaking in front of people. I'm not sure if this really counts as being "awkward"... But I always get bright red whenever I speak in front of people. Even when I do a pretty decent job of presenting something and I have every reason to be confident. And it's always just the best when people look at me and are like, "You are, like, bright red." Gee, thanks.

These are things that (sadly) happen to me on a regular basis, but I've long since decided to embrace my awkwardness and surround myself with people who find it endearing instead of completely idiotic. If you haven't done this yet, you should try it. It'll set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment