Thursday, April 19, 2012

Summer Reading List!

Yeah, whatever, I'm a nerd. What of it?

But anyway, since all I'll be doing is work, work, and work some more, I decided I would work on reading some books that I've been wanting to check out!

So here it goes:

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • I realize that these are two different books. BUT I am going to be taking a class next semester on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, so I figured why not refresh my memory? So it's for educational purposes, obviously! 
2.  The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  • I (along with everyone else) was obsessed with The Hunger Games (before it was a movie) and I've heard that if you liked The Hunger Games, you will definitely like The Maze Runner. So I'm down.
3. The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
  • It's a ghost story that's supposedly not cheesy! Yay! (I really don't know more about it than that, but I do love a good ghost story!)
4. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
  • A French journalists is asked to do a story about the day all the Jews were rounded up and sent to concentration camps in 1942. In investigating the story she finds secrets about a young girl named Sarah. A historical and investigative story that I've heard is really enjoyable if you like to read stuff like that!

Now I know that this is not a very long list. But let's face it, people, LOTR is going to take me half the summer anyway! (Probably longer if I'm being honest with myself.)

Props go to Samantha Maloy for giving me the idea to blog about this!

And just a little disclaimer: I will not be just sitting at my house and just reading all summer! I'm not that bad.

1 comment:

  1. Reading goals are a must for book nerds! I myself am one too! :)

    ReplyDelete